Below are quotes that I've collected since October 1999. They're a collection of quotes that I find memorable and worthy of being saved. I find them in books and articles I read; from friends, presentations, and colleagues; and other random places.
389) A signpost shouldn't be so attractive that it defeats its purpose for being... guiding people in the right direction.
388) "It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness." ~ Confucius
387) "Always remember: your focus determines your reality." ~ Qui-Gon Jinn
386) "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." ~ Mitch Hedberg
385) Process, not heroics, grow companies.
384) Bravery doesn't mean you aren't scared. It means you go anyway.
383) "The way to get things done is not to mind who gets the credit for doing them." ~ Benjamin Jowett
382) "Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible." ~ MC Escher
381) "When your projects start having birthdays, you have issues." ~ Paul Gormas, Six Sigma Black Belt
380) Focus too hard on finding the right answers and you might neglect to find time and effort asking the right questions.
379) "Without distinction there can be no superiority." ~ Thomas Paine, Common Sense
378) "Humor is the easiest to achieve; the heart is always the toughest, because you can't tell people to feel a certain way." - John Lasseter
377) "Sometimes you're stuck with a suck factor of 10." ~ Dave Canterbury, Dual Survival
376) "Everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the face." ~ Mike Tyson
375) "You must get good at one of two things; planting in the spring or begging in the fall." ~ Jim Rohn
374) A secret of leadership: look after the people, and the people look after the business.
373) "If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate." ~ Thomas Watson, Sr., Founder of IBM
371) "What enables the wise sovereign and the good general to strike and conquer, and achieve things beyond the reach of ordinary men, is foreknowledge." ~ Sun Tzu, Art of War
370) "Regard your soldiers as your children and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death." ~ Sun Tzu, Art of War
369) "He who exercises no forethought but makes light of his opponents is sure to be captured by them." ~ Sun Tzu, Art of War
368) "All men can see the tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." ~ Sun Tzu, Art of War
367) "Genius is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration." ~ Thomas Edison
366) "Quit worrying about what people think if you fail. The worst thing that can happen is that you fail so spectacularly that people will remember you for a long time." ~ Rudy Ruettiger
365) Cosmic Ice Ball Theory: In 5 billion years the sun will burn out, and the Earth will be a cosmic ice ball hurling through space. No one will care what happened at any given time.
364) Sometimes, worrying about obstacles only serves to create them.
363) "Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking." ~ William B. Sprague
362) "Never insult an alligator until after you have crossed the river." ~ Cordel Hull
361) "Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity." ~ Albert Einstein
360) "You're never perceived as an expert in your own backyard." ~ Ted Hattemer
359) You can always tell who paid for a video, because they are the most boring person in it.
358) Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.
357) When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail.
356) "Establishing goals is all right if you don't let them deprive you of interesting detours." ~Doug Larson
355) "People who don't take risks generally make about 2 big mistakes a year, people who do take risks generally make about 2 big mistakes a year. ~ Peter Drucker
354) "Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition." ~ Abraham Lincoln
353) This topic is like a skirt ya know? It's gotta be long enough to cover the subject, yet short enough to keep people's interest.
352) Law of sowing and reaping: without a seed, there can be no harvest.
351) "Leaders spend more time trying to catch people failing, when they should spend more time catching people succeeding." ~ Bob McDonald, CEO P&G
350) "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." ~ Dr. Seuss
349) "A sword wields no strength unless the person holding it has courage." ~ Zelda, Twilight Princess
348) Are you going to cowboy up or lay there and bleed?
347) "No plan survives first contact... it's the planning process that's important." ~ General Stanley McChrystal
346) "All men can see the tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." ~ Sun Tzu, Art of War
345) "Bad managers ruin people, performance and values faster than competitors, poor economies or even the government ever could. The only worse decision than making a poor choice for a manager's position is to allow that poor choice to remain there." ~ Alan Weiss
344) Remember that even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just stand there.
343) Avoid quick judgments. It's got to be an awfully thin piece of paper that only has one side.
342) "Uncertainty is the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security." ~ John Allen Paulos
341) Photographers have a saying: "The best camera is the one you have with you when something worth photographing happens."
340) "Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time." ~ Steven Wright
339) "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." ~ Theodore Roosevelt
338) Courage is not the elimination of fear; it’s the perseverance to make firm decisions in the middle of fear. ~ Joe Takash
337) "A pat on the back is only a few vertebrae away from a kick in the pants yet yields more significant results."
336) "If you're too big for a little job, you're too little for a big job." ~ Tony Johnson
335) "Chop your own wood, and it will warm you twice." ~ Henry Ford
334) It is better to be a crow in an eagle's nest than an eagle in a crow's nest.
333) "One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. " ~ Oogway, Kung Fu Panda
332) "Failure is not the crime, low aim is." ~ John Wooden
331) "Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind, than in the one where they sprung up." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
330) "A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you've been taking." ~ Earl Wilson
329) "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." ~ Wayne Gretsky
328) Four things you can't recover: The stone...after the throw. The word...after it's said. The occasion...after it's missed. The time...after it's gone.
327) You can’t manage what you can’t measure.
326) “Respect means nothing if others don't recognize our accomplishments” ~ Duncan
325) "If you put everything off until you're sure of it, you'll never get anything done." ~ Norman Vincent Peale
324) "There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." ~ Leonard Cohen
323) A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
322) "One good example is worth one thousand theories." ~ Thomas Friedman
321) "The amount of noise generated by a change is inversely proportional to the complexity of the change." ~ Parkinson's Law
320) “It’s easier to check off the box instead of thinking outside the box.” ~ Jay Barney
319) "Silence is golden, but there are times when it's just plain yellow." ~ Stephen P. Ziniti
318) "There are two things that are more difficult than making an after-dinner speech: climbing a wall which is leaning toward you and kissing a girl who is leaning away from you." ~ Winston Churchill
317) Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.
316) Always drink upstream from the herd.
315) When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser
314) "If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging." ~ Will Rogers
313) If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. ~ John Quincy Adams
312) “When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen, and those who wonder what happened.” ~ John M. Richardson, Jr.
311) "Teaching is not always about passing on what you know, it is about passing on who you are." ~ Julia Loggins
310) “Technology can be a way to facilitate chaos.” ~ David Blum
309) “Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple.” ~ Barry Switzer
308) There are times when the only decisions you have left are bad ones. ~ Fringe, TV Show
307) "The difference between getting somewhere and nowhere is the courage to make an early start. The fellow who sits still and does just what he is told will never be told to do big things." ~ Charles Schwab
306) As a rule, you can deal with your own problems, because you know them best; therefore, they seem more manageable than other problems.
305) "You can't have roots AND wings." ~ Sweet Home Alabama Movie
304) You can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles four things: a rainy day, the elderly, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
303) A fool and his money are soon parted.
302) Paradox of Zeno: the task or project gets closer to its destination but never actually arrives.
301) "There is no such thing as an IT project, although there are projects led by IT project managers and plenty of business projects that require delivery of information technology." ~ Bob Lewis, Bare Bones Project Management
300) "The difference between involvement and commitment is that when you have steak and eggs, the hen was involved but the cow was committed." ~ Bob Lewis, Bare Bones Project Management
299) It looks good!
298) People do not necessarily resist change; they resist being changed by others.
297) "Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever." ~ Brian Wilson
296) A diamond is a lump of coal that performed well under pressure.
295) The greatest leaders don’t rule; they inspire.
294) Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles; it empties today of its strengths.
293) Something that is bought or sold has no value unless it contains something that cannot be bought or sold.
292) Your network is your net worth.
291) Follow armored cars not garbage trucks.
290) Fear of loss is greater than the desire to gain.
289) War does not determine who is right; war determines who is left.
288) "Never fight an inanimate object." ~ P.J. O'Rourke
287) Before we start this conversation, let me remove my brain so we can start as equals.
286) How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?
285) Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
284) "To serve is to rule." ~ Ancient Chinese Proverb
283) You'll never plow field by turning it over in your mind.
282) "Never let anyone tell you no who doesn't have the power to say yes." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
281) "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry Kaiser
280) "It's hard to lead a cavalry charge if you think you look funny on a horse." ~ Adlai Stevenson
279) “You never saw a fish on the wall with its mouth shut.” ~ Sally Berger
278) "Capable people are promoted until they have reached their level of incompetence." ~ The Peter Principle
277) “Forever is a long time, but not as long as it was yesterday.” ~ Dennis H’Orgnies
276) Some people are like a Slinky ... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
275) Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
274) “The trouble with resisting temptation is it may never come your way again.” ~ Korman’s Law
273) Foolish are the generals who ignore the daily intelligence from the trenches.
272) “If you only do what you know you can do—you never do very much.” ~ Tom Krause
271) A company is known by the people it keeps.
270) “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.” ~ Elvis Presley
269) The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
268) A wise leader inspires and motivates rather than intimidates and manipulates.
267) Be true to the unenforceable.
266) I got my tongue over my eye teeth and can't see what I'm saying.
265) The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
264) "The key to failure is trying to please everyone." ~ Bill Cosby
263) “It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it." ~ Lou Holtz
262) “Most of the things worth doing in the world were said to be impossible before they were done.” ~ Louis Branders
261) “When you judge someone, you don’t define them, you define yourself.” ~ Wayne Dyer
260) If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.
259) “A hot dog at the ball park is better than steak at the Ritz.” ~ Humphrey Bogart
258) "I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early." ~ Charles Lamb
257) Even a blind squirrel will eventually find a nut.
256) "There's no 'I' in 'team,' but there is a 'me'! ~ Jeff Wray
255) “When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.'” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
254) “You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.” ~ Henry Ford
253) "In a world gone mad, only the lunatics are insane." ~ Homer Simpson
252) "You don't cheat anybody out of their experience, whatever it is." ~ Andre Agassi
251) "There are obviously two educations. One should teach us how to make a living and the other how to live." ~ James Treslow Adams
250) "It isn't how much time you spend somewhere that makes it memorable; it's how you spend the time." ~ David Brenner
249) "Sometimes instead of beginning a new chapter in life you need to open a new book." ~ Stephen Holloway
248) "It is difficult to achieve greatness if your job depends on other of which you have no control or authority." ~ Stephen Holloway
247) "To get rid of the flies, you have to get rid of the manure." ~ Stephen Holloway
246) "The difficulty in leading is selling the need to be proactive with people that are reactive." ~ Stephen Holloway
245) "The harder the wind blows; the stronger the tree grows." ~ Stephen Holloway
244) "If everyone sings, who is there to listen." ~ Stephen Holloway
243) "How is it that it takes a spark to start a forest fire, but the entire Sunday newspaper to start a fire in the fireplace?" ~ Stephen Holloway
242) "Costs drive efficiency; price drives innovation." ~ Stephen Holloway
241) Production believes if you produce enough they will buy; Finance believes if you reduce costs enough you will make money; Sales and Marketing believe if you understand the needs and build a relationship with customers you will succeed. Who do you believe is right?
240) "It's not who you know; it's who knows you." ~ Jeffrey Gitomer
239) Smiling and yawning are the two most contagious human acts.
238) Critics don't make mistakes, because they don't make anything.
237) Failing does not make you a failure.
236) Great coaches have great players.
235) One person's job is another person's hobby.
234) "When the game is over, the king and pawn go back into the same box." ~ Italian Proverb
233) The truly educated never graduate.
232) If it doesn't bring joy to your life, get rid of it.
231) “You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.” ~ Mark Twain
230) “Creativity is allowing oneself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” ~ Scott Adams
229) “One way to get high blood pressure is to go mountain climbing over molehills.” ~ Earl Wilson
228) "No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden." ~ Luke 11:33
227) ”In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield.” ~ Warren Buffett
226) ”Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many you brought with you.” ~ Will Rose
225) We would all be eighty percent more honest if we replaced “I don’t have time” with “I don’t make time.” ~ Rick Randell
224) “I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So, if I’m going to learn, I must do it by listening.” ~ Larry King
223) “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.” ~ Morris West
222) Why is it called common sense, when very few people actually use it?
221) “You may forget how you behaved when the going got tough but others won’t.” ~ Mark Burnett
220) “Our biggest mistake is to think we are working for someone else.” ~ Nashua Cavalier
219) “Too many people value what they are not and undervalue what they are.” ~ Malcolm S. Forbes
218) “We don’t remain good if we don’t always strive to become better.” ~ Gottfried Keller
217) "You do not lead by hitting people over the head - that's assault, not leadership." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
216) Blowing out another's candle will not make yours shine brighter.
215) Do not resent growing old, many are denied the privilege.
214) “There is as much risk in doing nothing as in doing something.” ~ Trammell Crow
213) “To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing.” ~ Eva Young
212) "To get'em listening, get'em laughing." ~ Allen Klein
211) Why don't you be like a breast-fed baby and suck it up.
210) Women are like tornados... they scream when they're coming and take your house when they leave.
209) Key to understanding women and men: Men need sex to feel close; women need to be close to feel sexual.
208) What is done now is influenced by what you did then and will determine what you do when now is then.
207) Thinking anxiously about the future we forget the present such that we live in neither the present or the future.
206) Humans live as if they will never die and die as though have never lived.
205) We lose our health to make money and then lose our money to restore our health.
204) Humans get bored with childhood, rush to grow up, and then long to be children again.
203) The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement.
202) "The past is only a guidepost... not a hitching post." ~ Thomas Holcroft
201) "Never set your limit before you begin." ~ Rebecca Toothman
200) The only people you need in your life are the ones that need you in theirs.
199) Choose your love wisely and love your choice always.
198) "Life is a continual realization of how foolish we were yesterday." ~ JM Finnian
197) "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." ~ Douglas Adams
196) "If a woman sees the man is good at something, it becomes the man's job forever." ~ Jim, According to Jim
195) The only thing fair in life is a ball hit between first and third.
194) Wear your learning like a pocket watch... keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours but give the time when you are asked.
193) "Failure seldom stops you; what stops you is the fear of failure." ~ Jack Lemmon
192) Life is all about ass... either you're covering it, kissing it, kicking it, laughing it off, or trying to get it.
191) To spread word quickly, one can use the telegraph, telegram, or better yet, tell-a-woman.
190) Faith is knowing that when you step out of the light and into the darkness of the unknown that one of two things shall happen: You will either be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly.
189) The most interesting people we meet seem to be the most interested in us.
188) "To be average is to be the lowest of the good and the best of the bad. Who wants to be average?" ~ Earle Bruce
187) If you cannot make splash, then do not make a ripple.
186) A principle tells you where to look... not what to see.
185) "The essence of strategy is to have more force at the crucial point than the enemy." ~ Napolean
184) You don't need a plan if you can afford to fail.
183) What happens if you get scared half to death... twice?
182) The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
181) The prompt says, "Hit the 'any' key. Where's the 'any' key?!!?" ~ Homer Simpson
180) We have enough "youth"... how about a fountain of "smart"?
179) The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
178) Men are proof that women can take a joke.
177) "Everybody trips in life... it is how fast you get up that counts." ~ Driven
176) "Work like you don't need the money; dance like no one is watching; sing like no one is listening; love like you've never been hurt; and live everyday like it is your last." ~ Irish Proverb
175) Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.
174) There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and who always will.
173) "You can put a rattlesnake on a rollercoaster, but you can't make it bake you a cake." ~ Dr. Phil
172) Do not pull a knife in a gunfight.
171) "Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." ~ John Wooden
170) If it wasn't for the last minute, most things would not get done.
169) The power of the wolf is in the pack; the power of the pack is in the wolf.
168) You can move to any country in the world, but you'll never be German, French, or Australian, but anyone can move here and become an American and be from the United States... That is the beauty of freedom.
167) "A professional is someone who can do his best work when he does not feel like it." ~ Alistair Cooke
166) "You cannot escape your destiny." ~ Obi Wan Kenobi
165) A smile is a powerful weapon... you can even break ice with it.
164) "Do more than you are paid for. There are never any traffic jams on the extra mile." ~ Brian Tracy
163) "Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your friend's forehead." ~ Chinese Proverb
162) We do not remember our days... we remember our moments.
161) You do not know the right answer until you risk taking a wrong one.
160) It doesn't matter how perfect a person is... only how perfect that person is for you.
159) When you walk through life's pastures, you are bound to step in manure; you can stand there and curse or you can look for the horse.
158) "We do research to prove the obvious." ~ Dr. Catherine Axinn
157) "The rising tide raises all ships... unless your boat has a hole in it." ~ Dr. Will Lamb
156) It is true if you cannot prove it false.
155) “The key to being a good manager is keeping the people who hate me away from those who are still undecided.” ~ Casey Stengel
154) "The main thing is to know what the main thing is… The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing." ~ Les Frankfurt
153) Don't settle for the one you can live with, wait for the one you can't live without.
152) "I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." ~ When Harry Met Sally
151) Yo baby, you be my Dairy Queen, I'll be your Burger King. You 'treat me right' and I'll do 'it your way.'
150) Should I call you in the morning or nudge you?
149) If you were a tear in my eye, I would not cry for fear of losing you.
148) If beauty were but a dewdrop, you would be an ocean.
147) "Three grand essentials to happiness in life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for." ~ Joseph Addison
146) "The world meets nobody half way." ~ Over the Top
145) “The best things in life are not things.” ~ Art Buchwald
144) Life is a contact sport; not playing is not an option.
143) If you want to report a fire, you do not go to the Mayor.
142) “Do we all need the air?” ~ Dr. Nanda Rangan
141) The stars are very different when you look at them alone.
140) We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. ~ Norman MacFinan
139) Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you will help them become what they are capable of becoming. ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
138) Everything ends badly; otherwise, it would not end.
137) "If you don't know where you're going, you might end up somewhere else." ~ Casey Stengel
136) Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
135) A rich person is not the one who has the most things but is the one who needs the least.
134) When you run so fast to get somewhere, you miss half the fun of getting there.
133) Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
132) "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it." ~ Henry David Thoreau
131) "Just because it's not an option does not mean it's not an option." ~ Dr. Zeke Sarikas
130) "I ought to hang out with me more often." ~ Brian Morris
129) "There's always something more you could have said." ~ Brian Morris
128) "It depends." ~ OU MBA Faculty
127) A young man was asked by a woman to guess her age. "I have several ideas," he admitted with a smile, "the trouble is that I don't know whether to make it ten years younger because of your looks or ten years older because of your intelligence."
126) "I want to work with people who have forgotten more than I know." ~ David Poluszejko
125) "If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base." ~ Dave Barry
124) "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time." ~ Robin Williams
123) "Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house." ~ Lewis Grizzard
122) Take it easy; if she's easy, take her twice.
121) "People are sheep!" ~ Brian Morris
120) "The harder you work the luckier you get." ~ Albert Holloway
119) If a guy says something and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
118) If you shoot for the stars, you might come down with a piece of the sky.
117) Want what you have and you won't lose what you've got.
116) "Take life seriously, but don't take yourself seriously" ~ R.J. Lowery
115) If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
114) "It's not what you don't know that hurts you; it's what you know that ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
113) "There is no tomorrow; there wasn't one today." ~ Groundhog Day
112) The most important aspects of business are unknowable.
111) "An extraordinary person can never have an ordinary day." ~ " Magic Pie," by Oasis
110) "People who work too hard don't make anything." ~ Gregory Peckham
109) "Everyone has a 'moment of brilliance'." ~ Andrew Kirch
108) What got us here won't necessarily get us there.
107) There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. ~ Morphius, The Matrix
106) You can't ride two horses with one ass.
105) "In business, you don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate" ~ Chester L. Karrass
104) "Do it late or do it wrong; Do it again." ~ Dr. C. Michael Gray
103) "You make the sale when the prospect understands that it will cost more to do nothing about the problem than to do something about it." ~ Ben Feldman
102) Promise only what you can deliver, then deliver more than you can promise.
101) "We should all be concerned about the future, because we will have to spend the rest of our lives there." ~ Charles F. Kettering
100) "It takes an architect to build a house, but a jackass to knock one down... Don't be a Jackass." ~ OU Alumni, 2002 Commencement Speaker
99) Being stupid should hurt.
98) "As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." ~ Nelson Mandela
97) "I am a leader virtually, as well as in the real world." ~ Andrew Kirch
96) "Last night, as I lay in bed looking at the stars, I thought: Where the hell is the ceiling?" ~ Jay Leno
95) Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.
94) Time is fatal.
93) Love is like learning to play the piano; first you learn to play by the rules, then you play with your heart.
92) "Much to learn you still have." ~ Yoda, Star Wars Episode II
91) "Land is a mystery to fish, and by the time a fish discovers land, it is usually too late—the poor creature's on a hook." ~ Hamel and Prahalad, Competing for the Future
90) "Pathbreaking is a lot more rewarding than benchmarking." ~ Hamel and Prahalad, Competing for the Future
89) "The first rats off of the ship are the best swimmers." ~ Hamel and Prahalad, Competing for the Future
88) You can't fatten a pig by weighing it.
87) "If it is not memorable, it is forgettable." ~ Arch Lustberg
86) Commit to a pet… it's the easiest relationship you will ever have.
85) The faster I go, the more behind I get.
84) "We're not getting older; everyone else is getting younger." ~ Carey Winters
83) "Baby, you're all that I want when you're lying here in my arms. Hard to believe we're in heaven..." ~ "Heaven"
82) If you can't win, change the rules. If you can't change the rules, ignore them.
81) If it is worth doing, it has got to be done now.
80) Do it by the book, but be the author.
79) When faced without a challenge, make one.
78) Start at the top and work your way up.
77) "The task will expand to fit the time allotted." ~ Somebody's Law
76) "If anything can go wrong, it will." ~ Murphy's Law
75) "This way is right because the other way is wrong." ~ Ginny Cyrus
74) It is more important to do good than to feel good.
73) "When your heart is empty, your mind does not matter." ~ Jerry McGuire
72) You know you love someone when you cannot put into words how they make you feel.
71) Send God a knee-mail.
70) The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched but are felt in the heart.
69) The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them.
68) It's not wanting what you want; it's wanting what you've got.
67) Sometimes I do what what I want to; the rest of the time I do what I have to.
66) "Sometimes there are just not enough rocks." ~ Forrest Gump
65) Time is the fire in which we burn.
64) We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
63) When the World says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
62) "What we do in life echoes in eternity." ~ Gladiator
61) Your heart often knows things before your mind does.
60) "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?" ~ Psalms 118:6
59) Love does not make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
58) Kindness is loving people more than they deserve.
57) Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.
56) "I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work." ~ Thomas Edison
55) If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I would be at the bottom to catch them.
54) "It's not whether you'd die for someone, but rather how you'll live for that someone." ~ Thomas Anglin
53) What we know is less important than what we do with what we know.
52) Always remember: you are unique, just like everyone else.
51) "You have to expect stupid things from stupid people." ~ Andrew Kirch
50) Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
49) Stupidity is in the eye of the beer holder.
48) It is not about answering the questions; it is about questioning the answers.
47) No need to wait until tomorrow, because everything is blowing up today.
46) When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
45) "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents and harmless as doves" ~ Mathew 10:16
44) The equation of love is the true place to find reasoning in life.
43) The hardest thing to do in this world is to live in it.
42) People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
41) "You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, they'll be other days; I didn't realize that was the only day." ~ Field of Dreams
40) "Allow those you lead to lead when they feel the need." ~ George MacKenzie, Orbiting the Giant Hairball
39) If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been.
38) You don't need a parachute to skydive... you only need a parachute to skydive twice.
37) In the long run, a pessimist may turn out to be right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip.
36) If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport.
35) When nature calls... answer it.
34) A person's reach should not exceed his or her grasp; otherwise, what is heaven for?
33) Why put off to tomorrow what you could have done yesterday?
32) Why do some people think I was born yesterday?
31) When it is true love, you simply just know... you feel it in your mind, heart, and soul.
30) The meaning of life is one thing... it will just dawn on you.
29) The road less traveled is often less traveled for a reason.
28) If a grasshopper tries to fight a lawnmower, one may admire its courage but not its judgment.
27) Some days you are the bug; some days you are the windshield.
26) If you are not a part of the steamroller, you are a part of the road.
25) There are no "stupid" people, just "sub-par" people.
24) Time is the best teacher, unfortunately, it kills all of its students.
23) I am God's hackey sack.
22) If it is to be, it will.
21) Managers do what is right; Leaders do the right thing.
20) If you want to be a leader, find a parade and get in front of it.
19) Just because someone doesn't love you in the way you want, it doesn't mean that they don't love you with all that they have.
18) "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best thing, and no good thing ever dies." ~ Shawshank Redemption
17) You can't see what you believe can't be there.
16) "You are... the one." ~ The Matrix
15) If you tell the truth, you do not have to remember anything.
14) Don't worry, it only seems kinky the first time.
13) If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.
12) "Failure is just another way to do something right." ~ Marian Edleman
11) Letting opportunities pass you by leads to regret.
10) "In the future, will it be legal to poison, mutilate, or infect people, as long as you provide them with food, water, and space to die?" ~ Octavia Butler, Parable of the Sower
9) "When the unreal is taken for the real, then the real becomes unreal; where non-existence is taken for existence, then existence becomes non-existence..." ~ Tsao Hsueh-Chin, Dream of the Red Chamber
8) "But they that wait upon the lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint." ~ Isaiah 40:31
7) Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.
6) "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." ~ Hebrews 4:12
5) "There is nothing to fear in waiting for the judgment and the raging fire that will consume the enemies of God." ~ Hebrews 10:27
4) If you did not have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it twice?
3) One rain drop raises the sea.
2) Never miss a good chance to shut up.
1) Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.